Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just had my Kitchen Aid refrigerator freezer serviced.

Customer Question

I just had my Kitchen Aid refrigerator freezer serviced. They replaced the Invertor Board.
The unit was started up about 30 hours ago.
The wall inside the fridge that abuts the freezer is hot (not warm, but hot) and the wall inside the freezer that abuts the fridge is also hot (not warm, but hot).
Is this normal and is it dangerous.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The fan that runs to cool the compressor is not running and allowing heat to build in the condenser. The condenser lines run up through the inner wall to keep the door gaskets warm but it should never be that hot. You risk compressor damage by running it without that fan working. Can you pull the refrigerator out to access the back and remove the panel from the compressor area to check that fan?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the $28.00 charge a one-time fee? I do not want to pay for a monthly service to answer questions as I will probably never have other questions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I do not see that you have signed up for any subscription service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Quick answer and probably valuable info. I am OK with a one-time charge of $24.00
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!