Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Tried to put my washer whirlpool duet on multiple times

Customer Question
today, code f22 comes up...
Tried to put my washer whirlpool duet on multiple times today, code f22 comes up and just clicks.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old I think model number wfw94 00 sw02, serial number csy1706587
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if its easy enough
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we did this once before , your company trouble shot is once before with great success i may add.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F22 error on the whirlpool Duet models means the computer is recognizing a Door Lock Error which occurs if the door cannot be locked. It will try to lock it six times before displaying the error code. This could be an issue with the wiring between the door lock assembly and the CCU or as in many cases just a failed door lock that needs to be replaced. Unplug the washer or kill power at the breaker. Check the wiring and make sure its tight and the connectors are secure at both the door lock assembly and the at the CCU ( The main board ) if the wiring looks ok, plug the washer back in see if the error clears if not you will need to replace the door lock assembly.

Give me just a moment to find you the replacement part, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Washer Door Lock

Part #: WP8183270 - click here

Here is a video showing how to replace the door lock - click here for video

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged machine and currently is working , thank you
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

you are welcome hope it continues to do so, if the error occurs or starts reoccurring often then you will need to replace the door lock. Please rate the answer so I get credit for helping, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson