Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung has dryer is just a year and 6 months and it has

Customer Question

My Samsung has dryer is just a year and 6 months and it has no power. No lights or anything. Our receptacles work. There are no tripped breakers. And the circuit board has been replaced. And still no power. Please help.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a little over 18 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes and model is dv42h5600
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had a technician come check the dryer due to a non hearing issue. He determined that it has to be the circuit board. It took 3 weeks to order the board. Before then the power worked fine. I just installed the new board hen plugged everything in and now the dryer has no power what so ever.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is there power to the control board? Also did you replace this board?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the board and we have power in the receptacle I'm read 116v No power to the control panel

OK then the issues is a bad user interface. You need to replace the interface board on the unit nothing else will cause that issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I test the user interface? My wife and I have now went three months without our dryer and it seems to be one issue after the next.

The user interface has not specific test for it, it is powered via low voltage from the board you replaced. So if you have replaced the power board that is the only thing that is wrong with it.