Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE Profile frige was not producing ice or water i pulled

Customer Question

my GE Profile frige was not producing ice or water i pulled it from wall i noticed water coming from a black cord that is sealed upper right and is kind or loose and water is coming so i disconnected what cant it be please since is sunday afternoon
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
psi23sgpabs
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Does it leak all the time or just when you call for water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kelly im very upset right now pls try to give the answer not asking for more money
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am not asking for more money, any message from me is in this thread. I am sorry you are upset, I will see if someone else will be able to help that will not upset you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried pull water before no water checked ice no ice so i pulled it from wall and notice water coming from that tube don't take it wrong im not upset at you is what im going through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is ok i will never use your service again
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I can help you if you want help. I thought I was upsetting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to help me? or some other tech pls reply
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to help you, I just thought you preferred to work with someone else.

If you remove the water filter from the inside, is it frozen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it is not i replace it for a new one didnt work
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Was the old one frozen? The lines go up into that filter and back out. To have both the water at the door and the ice maker stop is usually the filter freezing or another issue at the filter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, the old filter wasn't frozen but i notice that tube is kink of loose and unsealed from back not completely but kind of loose coming out
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so that means the filter head, number 792 in the diagram at the link below, will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Would you like instructions for replacing that part?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just went back to check,the one that is having problem it is not the line connected to filter which is at the right hand side the one with problem is the one commng out of ice maker? which is black tube at left facing front frige
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That one would not affect the water at the door, but it may be frozen. Can you remove that tube that it connects to and see if it is frozen solid with ice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i pulled the black thing tube that comes from bottom corner and runs diagonally accross to opposite upper corner and ends like a t-shape pipe about 2 inches going inside and now looks like is disconnected becouse i see the end of it and dont see like it is broken i only see a hole
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of what you see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like a sealed part has came apart that's all I see does the hole have to be replaced ..that's all I see.let me know if you want more pics
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you look in the freezer, there is a plastic tube that slides over that that directs the water to the ice maker. You can pull that from the freezer interior.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i notice that has particle of ice seems that was frozen before it has been unplugged before i talk to you what i next step? i wil go to freezer interior now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so if that tube is clear, we can put all that back together and focus on why no water. Do you hear the valve humming or buzzing when you dispense at the door if you lay your ear on the cabinet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i do not hear a humming sound. or buzzing . it just doesnt dispense any water what so ever.
there was ice in the pipe that i sent u pictures of and i clear it out the way and connected the fridge back on power.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Excellent! So that should restore ice making! Now, let's see what we can do about the water dispenser. At the freezer door hinge, there is a plastic electrical connector that connects the door to the main wiring harness. Can you inspect the connector for any issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't seem to me leaking.. So am not sure why no water now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The little square plastic electrical connector is what we need to look at, just behind that tube. Unplug the refrigerator and then disconnect that connector and see if the metal pins are corroded.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the connector that you are talking about to ..is this a seeled unit? Seems to be corroded
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, bingo! That connector is corroded and causing the issue you are having, nice find! It will come apart but it will likely fall apart when you go to pull on it, unfortunately. You can try to use an old toothbrush and WD40 (with refrigerator unplugged) to help loosen it. You may have some luck with that and it may stay intact and just need to be cleaned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still trying but doesn't come apart I do really appreciate all your help I'm going to rest a little I'm not a young woman and I have paid for so much repair already for this refrigerator to ge that I can't afford anymore I guess if can't fix it there is nathing else to do right? Thanks alot
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If once you clean it all up, you can slide a table knife under the plastic connector to help release the edges so it will unplug.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that before it work now what happens there two cables o e is white and the other one is black well the white one got cat off to me of too much pulling there is my luck I just plugged the refrigerator and let it go I don't know what else to do
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is pretty common for it to corrode and break there. The fix is to solder new wires on and remove that plastic connector.