Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We are trying to start the dryer as normal and it gives us a

Customer Question
message that the dryer door...
We are trying to start the dryer as normal and it gives us a message that the dryer door must be closed. It is a GE Profile Harmony dryer about 8 years old. Needless to say, the door is indeed closed; we assume it is a sensor or part. If so, I would like to fix it today before I leave for a business trip.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GE Model DPGT750EC2WW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have what you need?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

yes I do, thanks for that information please give me just a few more minutes, sorry for the delay got tied up on a phone call with another customer, give me just a moment.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

In order for the door to be recognized as closed by the computer the door switch must be depressed when the door is in the closed position, try pushing in the switch with the door open and see if the door error on the display goes away, if so you know the switch is good and that its not getting depressed properly, however if you press and the hold the switch in and it still shows the door as being open then the door switch is bad and needs to be replaced:

Switch

Part #: WE04X10110 - click here

let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and UN-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson