Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The door on our Kenmore elite 12783 won't close and latch.

Customer Question
JA: Can you guesstimate how...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 665.12783 December 2013
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible. we have no idea why it won't close. there are no obstructions to the racks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it worked a couple days ago. no lights are flashing. the lights work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First you want to check the door latch strike to make sure its not bent up to far to catch the latch on the door, here is what it looks like - click here

If the door latch is not bent up then you will need to replace the door latch:

Dishwasher Door Latch

Part #: W10380262 - click here

The door latch comes with installation instructions.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson