George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

Is it free, How much, Just happens once and we stopped using

Customer Question

Is it free
JA: The Appliance Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: How much
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just happens once and we stopped using it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Me and a friend
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Problem was washer kept filling with water then went over the door and started leaking everywhere
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Wm2650h
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This service costs a fee $28 do you want to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When it would not stop filling how did you get it to stop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned it off

Just the machine and the water stopped filling? or you shut the water supplies off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned off just the machine then made the mistake of opening the door on all the water came gushing out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's like the pump isn't working

When that happens you need to replace the pressure switch, they all fail for that issue. That is the sensor that cuts off water when it is full. Remove the top and it is right there a couple screws and a tube to connect and you will be back in business.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a lg machine front loader

Yes I know that is the part for it and will fix that issue I do them all the time and stock that on my service truck super common issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is a good place to get it from .?

Right here

CLICK HERE

or Amazon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We changed the part you said it was , we turned on a cycle and it did same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We replaced the piece that you said however it's still doing the same thing

Check the tube that goes to that switch for a break or a rubbed through spot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No still not right ..... Could it be the door or is there a pump that could be bad ??????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello

If it is still doing the same thing does the water shut off right away when you turn it off? If it does the CCU board would be bad that is really all it can be

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water comes out the front door ..... If there is too much water is that normal For it to come out the front door or should that not even happen even if water level is too high ???

Ok are you certain that pressure sensor tube it clear and nothing is cracked on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it normal for water to leak out the bottom of front door even if water level is too high

Yes it can leak if the water level is too high correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I try to turn down water supply on the pressure switch there's a screw on the there you can adjust water level

You are not suppose to mess with that screw you can but I would not advise it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you recommend we do next then ?????

Have you blown through the pressure tube to make sure it is clear into the outer tub?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I blew threw the tube and heard gurgling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jason, my name is George...

If you turn the appliance off to reset the control, then turn it on to a drain cycle, does the water discard?