Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kitchen aid dishwasher light is flashing 4 times, and then a

Customer Question

kitchen aid dishwasher green light is flashing 4 times, and then a string of beeps
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 8 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: KUDE60FX
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like what?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It also is leaking water (just started today along with the light and beeps) at the base.
Slow leak, but about a cup of water
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a wash motor failure, more than likely the seal went bad on the wash motor and it is seized up and will need to be replaced. That is fairly common on that model. They run about 150 dollars for the motor and if you have the complete model off the tag on the unit I can get you the correct part. This is not a super easy DIY project as the whole unit needs to come out to change it out just so you are aware.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
KUDE60FXSS0

Here is a link to the part for you, this comes complete with everything.

CLICK HERE