Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

Kenmore elite model 85713 microwave. Will not heat, on cycle

Customer Question

Kenmore elite model 85713 microwave. Will not heat, on cook cycle the timer starts but no fan,etc. And turntable does not move. The light comes on as well.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

hi are you available now also can I get the complete model number please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model 592.85713-0
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

are you able to remove the cover on the microwave behind the control panel there are 3 switches that control the functions one is failing

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

is this close to your unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just so we are talking the same model - control panel is a long touch strip along the bottom of the microwave. U want that removed?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

can you remove the outer shell on it when we say control panel that's the one with all the buttons

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the control panel. It is just a long strip along the bottom, not on the side where many you tube videos show access to door switches, etc.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

where the door closes there is a bracket behind that oanel the switches sit on it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see picture
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

those two square holes where the door closes that door should have 2 points on it that lock the door in place

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door opens either direction. I believe there is a micro switch in each of the top holes. Not saying it is not the door, but when door is open, the control panel says door is open. When door is closed, the door open alarm goes away.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

yes we need to reach those microswitches

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how the top cover comes off. Top 3 screws out but bottom is still attached. M
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Need to take bottom off as well?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

take off the over all cover on it

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

how are we doing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't come off. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

please rate me high as that's how I get paid from the site thanks and good luck one of the microswitches is faulty the part is about 3 dollars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway, I needed more specific help to get to the top micro switches.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

I mentioned removing the cover for access

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree but didn't see how to.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

my apologies

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh hey, no apologies necessary, I just need more help to get access to the top door switches. My microwave has 8 door switches. I could access the bottom 4 but not the top ones. If u show me how to get access without taking the microwave off the wall above the stove ... Then great.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

from the bottom up its 90 percent of the time the first one also unfortunately its an over the range microwave yes it must come down no way around it sir