Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a 1992 Kitchen Aid Superba 27 Self-Clean Thermal

Customer Question

We have a 1992 Kitchen Aid Superba 27 Self-Clean Thermal Convection white wall-mounted microwave/oven and convection oven/oven combination. The external dimensions are about 27 wide by 49 tall. It's Model KEMS378WHI/MANUFACTURED, Serial XB2702226/JUNE1992
The last two times we've used it we've had it steam up our windows, steam inside the clock and cause condensation on the cupboard doors above it. Is this repairable, or do we need to look at replacing the oven combination?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• When you turn the oven on, do you hear the cooling fan come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not immediately. Should it right away, or should it take a few minutes?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It should come on right away. Does it seem to be running slow and not blowing much air out the front?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not blowing any air. It is heating up, though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The convection fan is working when we put it on convection.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So the cooling fan is likely faulty. It is shown as number 3 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The oven will need to be pulled out to access the motor for replacement. The top and rear access panels come off and it will mount from the back. There are only two wires to it so the hardest part is pulling the oven out.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ordered the part and will set up a repair appointment once the part arrives. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update!