Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model DD60DCX7. Shows fault U6, not pumping out

Customer Question
Model DD60DCX7. Shows fault U6, not...
Model DD60DCX7.
Shows fault U6, not pumping out
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/10/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The U6 is a rotor code. Lift the wash arm off and see if the impeller spins freely by hand, if it does not remove the impeller assembly and check it for blockages and clear it and reinstall. The impeller assembly just twists a quarter turn and lifts out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!