Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dacor CPD230 Shows an F1 error. Both ovens still work. Can't

Customer Question

Dacor CPD230 Shows an F1 error. Both ovens still work. Can't stop oven from beeping.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor CPD 230. About 20 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't understand why both ovens work while showing the F1 error
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. F1 means that your oven has a low voltage heating circuit failure. Now the big problem is there is no way to test whether the display board or the relay control board is the one that is failing because the low voltage circuit runs through both boards. One of them has failed however and it will stop both ovens from working. You'll want to start by replacing the display board because that is the part that typically fails. Below is a link to the display board and it's definitely not a cheap part. The link allows you to return the part if needed which is a great option to have on an issue like this where you can't test which board is faulty and most places don't allow returns.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?