Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My magic chef compactor model cp308k16 ram goes down but

Customer Question
will not return until...
my magic chef compactor model cp308k16 ram goes down but will not return until switched off and back on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Does it have a solid pack switch on it? Can you double check that model number, please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the model no. is cp308k16. i do not know what a solid pack switch is.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the model no.is cp308k16. i do not know what a solid pack switch is.

The solid pack switch stops the ram when it packs and will not allow the ram to come up until the next cycle is started. Can you post a picture of the model label, I cannot locate that model.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my hearing is too poor to converse on the phone. the compactor is at least 40 years old. the model no. i gave is correct
i was hoping the problem was the start switch. if not we might as well end this request. thanks for replying.

I will place your request back to the list.

John, Home Appliance Technician