Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My washer (Frigidaire GLEH1642FS0) front loader stack unit

Customer Question
made a loud noise, will...
My washer (Frigidaire GLEH1642FS0) front loader stack unit made a loud noise, will not drain and makes a clunking noise when it attempts to spin. I removed the back and all springs, shocks and belt seem in order. How do I access the drain pump to clean the filter? There is no access door on the front of the washer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Nine years old, Electrolux - Frigidaire Gallery Series GLEH1642FS0 combined stack unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am very mechanical and handy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Last load with wet clothes in the washer it made a loud clunk and then slowed down on the spin cycle and make a clunk on every revolution and the water did not drain out. I have removed the back and the belt, shocks and springs are intact. When I rotate the drum I can hear two distinct "clicks" about 54 degrees apart like the drum is hitting something. Hope that helps.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. You actually do have an access panel on your washer but it's the entire lower front panel on the washer that will need to be removed to access the pump below the washer. Below is a link to a video on how to do this.

That being said, if you find nothing in the pump or the hose between the tub and the pump, you'll want to spin the basket by hand to make sure the bearing or tub support didn't break. If it spins smoothly then locate where the noise is coming from and if it's coming from the pump replace the pump. If it's coming from the tub, that is a major issue and may not even be worth fixing.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. for video

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pretty basic stuff, non specific, how do I clean the filter in the pump? Does the pump have to be removed? Video was pretty generic.

You're right, it is basic stuff. Basic stuff you didn't know how to do or you wouldn't have asked the question. You asked how to access the drain pump and filter. I gave you a video that showed you exactly how to do what you were asking. I'm not sure what you mean by "specific". Clean out the hose and removing the pump to check for debris inside also seems very straight forward and basic to me as well. To clean the filter out, you have to disconnect the clamps holding the hose between the tub and pump and reach in and clean the filter which is inside the hose.

The pump does need to be removed so you can look in through the hole and make sure there isn't debris hitting the impeller.

I'm not sure how much more specific I can possibly be about this process since it's very straight forward.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pretty basic stuff, non specific, how do I clean the filter in the pump? Does the pump have to be removed? Video was pretty generic.Waste of money and a rip off. I could look up the same or similar video on line. Total rip.

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you could look up the same or similar video you would have never asked how to access the pump.

QUOTE:

How do I access the drain pump to clean the filter

I gave you a video that shows you how to do that. Trying to talk bad about my advise knowledge and time only shows you are trying to get something for nothing.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc