Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Upright stand alone freezer, Model

Customer Question
#mqf1656tew. There is a thick...
I have a Maytag Upright stand alone freezer, Model #mqf1656tew. There is a thick layer of ice covering the bottom of the freezer under the basket. It is now leaking from underneath on the floor. I understand the drain may be plugged or frozen. Can you tell me exactly where the drain hole is so I can access it? Is it visible on the inside or do we need to take it apart? If so, can you tell me where and how? The freezer is in the garage and access to it is tight. Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

hi are u available

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Hello?

hi there if you open the freezer door there is a big cover on the inside backwall panel do u see it it has about 4 screws

when u remove those screws pull the cover gently towards u the drain sits right on the bottom center of the freezer floor

please rate me high as that is how I get paid from the site thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

None of my replies to you are showing up in this post. There is something wrong with the site. Are you able to see my replies at all?

no I'm not able to see anything are you getting mine

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Okay this last one showed up. I think I getting all yours.I wrote about 6 others that wouldnt post. After I find the drain hole, what do I do, pour hot water and once its melted check for a blockage? I dont access to the freezer at this minute, its in the garage and I am on a desktop.

yes that's correct pour hot water once it melts the water should go out to drain pan its common that it freezes up it will happen again no way to prevent but its random.

this will get it unclogged for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Will the cover come off with all the ice at the bottom, do I need to get that off somehow first?

chip the ice on the bottom of the panel there are 2 or 3 screws there as well

then it will come off

be right back

Ok how is everything going

hello there were you able to get the drain unclogged

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician