Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a bosch washer and the drain pump seems to work fine

Customer Question

have a bosch washer and the drain pump seems to work fine but it still won't drain. y won't it drain?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Often the impeller on the pump actually breaks off the motor shaft, then the motor runs and sounds like the pump is running but the impeller is not turning. If you check the filter and it is not blocked replace the pump. I replace a lot of Bosch pumps for this issue generally when they are between the ages of 7-10 years old.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem is that I checked the pump when on drain and the pump turns and works. Do not sure what it is. Seems like it does not get no suction to drain it out

It may be turning but may still be broken the impeller will often still turn due to just spinning freely on the motor shaft.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.