Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I "close the stopcock" on a Miele washing machine?

Customer Question

Hi. How do I "close the stopcock" on a Miele washing machine?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Okay, it's about a year old, and it's abUoertronic W 2859, I think.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. But I can't "tip it over"!as advised by some since the appliance is built in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, this message came on after the plumber cut the water while the washing machine was in mid-cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The "stopcock" is the valve on your home's plumbing that turns the water on and off. I don't suspect you have a leak but an inlet error. Unplug the machine for 15 minutes and it should reset the electronic and allow normal operation. Let me know what happens after plugging it back in, please.