Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My husband bought a kenmore 22 side by side from a second

Customer Question

my husband bought a kenmore 22 side by side from a second hand store and its just a little to big to fit through the doors it would if we removed the doors themselves but dont know how to go about it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: no idea all i can tell you is it has ice and water despencer on the freezer side
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well my husband anyways
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not off hand
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks!

Answer:

Removing the doors is pretty easy. you need to first pop the grill off the bottom and then separate the quick connector for the dispenser fill tube. Once that is done get on a step ladder and get to the top of the unit remove the hinge caps and unplug and wiring there...then just remove the 3 screws and lift the hing off. Hold onto the door and then just lift the door up and off the bottom hinge. Do this on both sides to remove each door it is that easy.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!