John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

How do I disable the door alarm on my kenmore fridge? It's

Customer Question

How do I disable the door alarm on my kenmore fridge? It's driving me crazy!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Most are not able to be disabled.

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model no***********
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The door alarm is not able to be shut off on that model. Is it keeping temperature okay and do the lights work when you open and close the doors?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Everything works, I just think the alarm is unbelievably annoying when you're cooking or trying to clean out the fridge. I'm pretty handy, if the method to do it is tricky, I should be able to follow along. I have a hard time believing there's no way to disable it. I'm sure there probably is.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Well maybe another has some magic for you, I will place your question back to the list. Good luck.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

There is a way to disconnect the beeper if you wish to do that? -- Ian

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Go to this link and when you have the picture infront of you come back to me. ~~ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/6871JB1374A/0046/795.html ~~ this is the facia/display board that is on the top of the appliance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks! I'm at work, so I'll have to do it later when I get home.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK no worries, I go off shift in 30 mins but if you come back to me I will leave a message for you once you have the informations to hand.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What would I need to do? How do I access the board?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

The part you are looking for is item number 503C on the attached diagram. http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/50029739-00001.png