Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a marvel duel tap kegerator and the door ajar alarm

Customer Question
will not stop going off...
I have a marvel duel tap kegerator and the door ajar alarm will not stop going off. I need help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is the door switch working on the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no door switch. It is all electronic

There is a switch it is likely a reed switch that you can not see. Have you tried to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in to reset it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will give it a try
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did not work

OK then you would need to check that reed switch on the door, either that is bad or the control board is bad...one of the two is the issue 100% The door switch is a magnet reed switch so check to see if it is working correctly the light should go out when it is closed.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the magnet reed located on the door?

It depends on the model, what model is it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Marvel

Yes I know it is a Marvel I need the model number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model: BF ML24BNS1RB-X2D

Look down by the hinge do you see a switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No switch

Here it is and check the wiring to it make sure no wires are broken to it

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No wires broken

OK then either then I would say you have a defective control board on the unit.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician