Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag front load washer takes in water but will not advance

Maytag front load washer takes in water but will not advance to wash. what could be wrong or what could I check to determine what is malfunctioning

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Maytag model mah2400aww

Ok great if the unit fills and just sits there does it display any error codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Error code 3e

OK that means Drive system is not working correctly. Bad windings, speed sensor, wiring connections, or Control Board.

When that fails you may likely need a new control board, but go to this link and through the troubleshooting steps to check it out for sure. In my experience this is often bad main board.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!