Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The right nob that sets the minutes for drying stop working.

Customer Question

the right nob that sets the minutes for drying stop working. It turns but no clicking. power wont come on.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i continue with giving the info.i press continue and it asks for a password. dont know it. i paid my $5. what next
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It would be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gtdp180ed0ww v2714053a
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect thank you. So there are a few possibilities. First open the door and push the door switch to make sure the door switch still clicks. If it doesn't, you need to replace the door switch because it has failed. If the switch still clicks you'll need to unplug the dryer and take the dryer apart so you can check and see if the belt is still connected. If the belt is broken, replace the belt. Now if the belt and door switch check good, there is a thermal fuse mounted in the back upper right corner of the dryer behind the drum. It's part 507 on the diagram in the link below. Test this part for continuity if you have a multimeter and if it doesn't have continuity then replace it.

CLICK HERE for diagram

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went and bought a continuity tester.i printed out all your infohavent had time to check yet. doing so shortly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler,thankyou for your help today. it looks to me like the start switch.i pulled the connectors off,but how do you get it out.is the button suppose to unscrew?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is a tab on the side of the switch inside the control panel that you pry up with a flat head screwdriver and then you twist the switch counter clockwise 90 degrees and the switch pulls off after you remove the knob first. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.