Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher mdb6769pab locked light flashes will not reset

Customer Question

my dishwasher mdb6769pab locked light flashes will not reset and will not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. To the right of the "Delay Start" button there is a "Control Lock" button. You should just need to press and hold the Control Lock button for 5 seconds to remove the locked light. If that doesn't work, flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes and then try again. If it still won't reset, then touch control panel has failed and will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did all that already

I don't believe you have or the issue would have been resolved. As I mentioned before, if it won't reset then the touch control panel has failed and will need to be replaced. I can't control what fails any more than you can but if the part has failed then it needs to be replaced. If it was replaced the issue would certainly be fixed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not interested in another $24.00 so what now

I don't know how I can possibly be any more direct---you need to replace the touchpad.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will you help me replace it
What is the part number where to get it

I'm not sure what you mean with help you replace it. But the part number is ***** and you can order it from the link below if you'd like. It costs about $130.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

To replace it, just flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and open the door. Remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner going down vertically and then the door will split apart and you can remove the front panel and the control panel so that you can replace the control panel which is very straight forward.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will check it out

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will get back after looking up if p/n is correct

ok.... I looked up the part given the model number you gave me so if the model number you gave me is correct then the part number is *****