Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Light on display is dark can barely see

Customer Question

light on display is dark can barely see
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mmv4205bab
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The display is part of the main control, number 2 in the diagram at the link below. That part will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

To replace the control, unplug the microwave and remove the grille from above the door. Once it has been removed, you will have access to a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove that screw, lift the panel up and hinge it down for full control access.

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I take it apart
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I posted that above but have copied it below as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Do you know what the path runs I saw $ 116.00
Any chance maybe I can just clean it ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The part is about $165, see the link I sent above. A dim light is caused by a faulty capacitor on the board, it is not a connection issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok guess time to get a new one
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would probably do the same....have a nice rest of your evening.