Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My cabrio washer won't switch off drain cycle. The water

Customer Question
My cabrio washer won't switch...
My cabrio washer won't switch off drain cycle. The water drains but it won't stop trying to drain. I turn it off and restart rinse cycle and it just starts trying to drain
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: @3yrs
Mod WTW5700XW3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. In order for me to get it to work again, I need to unplug it for 15 minutes then try again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

are you available now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What info do you need
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

hi sorry ok so when you first start the machine the drain pump comes on to remove any water then it does a self diagnostic when all is good it brings the water in

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I start the washer it goes through the cycles until it gets to the rinse and drain. It then drains all the water but won't switch to rinse and add fab softener. It just continues to try to drain.. I unplug machine for 15 minutes, then it will go into next cycle and rinse and add fab soft then drain and it gets stuck in drain, won't do final spin. I unplug again then reset to spin and it does

hi that's nothing more than a faulty control board on that cabrio

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get one and about how much is it

normally it gives an f50 error but if you manually set it that control board has failed

let me get you a price on it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get codes? I've done the press and hold and it doesn't work

it will flash them on the screen by itself

please rate me high as that's how I get paid by the site thanks good luck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get them to flash?

let me see if I can find a sequence

1. Push control on
  2. Select spin cycle
  3. Select no spin
  4. Push Prewash Option button four times within five seconds.
  5. C:00 will show in the display when your washer enters diagnostic mode. If your washer doesn’t have the Prewash option, press rinse hold.
    If the starting procedure fails, push PAUSE/CANCEL button. Then repeat steps 1 – 4.

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician