Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a LG Bottom Freezer Model LFC25760ST. It is 10 years

Customer Question
I have a LG Bottom...
I have a LG Bottom Freezer Model LFC25760ST. It is 10 years old. When the ice maker fills up it does not shut off the water and keeps filling and overflowing into the freezer and onto the kitchen floor. Could it be a water valve relay and if so how do I fix that?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model LFC25760ST. It is 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

It may be a bad icemaker you should unplug the icemaker when it does that and if the water shuts off right away replace the icemaker not the valve.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician