John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Im working on a Maytag refrigerator MFW2055YEB02 that is

Customer Question

Kelly,Im working on a Maytag refrigerator MFW2055YEB02 that is dead as if it had an on/off switch. I have 110 Volt at the receptical and all the way to through the cord. The power cord goes into a 6 or 9 pin connector that enters the back of the refrigerater. I have voltage there. but the refrigerators portion of that same connector goes up into an area that appears to be between the outside skin and the inside walls of the freezer area and i cant figure where it goes from there. (its a bottom freezer set up ) I pulled the freezer drawer out dropped the evaperator cover (because that was the area it went to) and still couldnt find where the power was going to. let me say once more there is nothing running on this unit no lights no fans no compressor. I found the unit on Sears parts web page but it wont let me down load and print the schematics or wiring diograhms.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Are the cabinet lights working?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The tech sheet is attached for that model.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

If you have no lights, did you check the neutral in that plug along with the line voltage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know that it has no lights on but this customer and situation is a bit sketchy. This refrigerator has not been in service for a while and the water filter wasn't in it but I didn't look to see if the lamps were in the sockets. On your voltage question I have 110 volts at the pin connector opposite the “service cord” at smooth blk and ribbed blk as per the drawing you provided me. So yes I see voltage from Hot to neutral. Where are these L. E. D. s located that I see the legend for on the material you provided me ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

In the top of the cabinet, number 4 in the diagram at the link below. All of the lights receive their neutral through the board, though, so if the board is faulty, they won't turn on.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I would test for power at the board, P1 connector, terminals L1 & L2 should have 120 VAC.