Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We turned the water off to our Kenmore Elite Washer while

Customer Question
traveling and forgot to turn...
We turned the water off to our Kenmore Elite Washer while traveling and forgot to turn it back on prior to starting the unit. The unit beeped and realized the problem turning the water back on. Now the unit is locked in a cycle and sounds like it is trying to run without water.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You will need to go into service mode and clear the error codes to restore the unit to proper working order, if you give me the model number of the washer I will be able to give you the instructions to do that, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model***********
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

thank you for that information give me just a few minutes to get you the information you need, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FYI There are no error codes now showing the unit runs when plug in
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You still there?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

ok first unplug the washer or kill power to it at the mains, then disconnect both water supply lines to the washer and check the water inlet valve screens and make sure they are clear and clean of anything that may be stopping up the screens as sometimes when water is cut off and restored trash can get into the screens. Once you do that hook them back up restore power to the washer start a cycle immediately push pause cancel twice. That should reset the unit.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

let me know if that solve the issue or not, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it did not work the unit still sounds like it is trying to wash with out water. The response I get is it will change to a the drain spin cycle time with no change in the operation
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

is there water in the unit at all? when you cancel the cycle the pump will engage by default to drain any water that may be left in the tub and then it should end after a few minutes and be ready to start a new cycle.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

so just let it run through for a while and it should be ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try the drain/spin cycle and see if the timer is counting down on it
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

when you cancel a cycle it is not gonna display the timer count down it is ending the cycle and going through the drain process to end the cycle, just let it run and it should end and then unlock the door

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The time unit is not counting down the cycle it is like it is a wash cycle but no agitation I let it go for two minutes on the drain/rinse cycle and it do not count down or change actions
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What happens if I manually unlock the door Does this cancel the operation in progress?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

well not if the water level switch is stuck and it thinks the tub is full of water, which is what I think may be happening. but you can try to manually unlock the door first and see what happens it may reset. I would take the top of the washer off and take the water level pressure switch hose of the pressure switch and blow through it to clear it and hook it back up, once you remove the lid you will see the switch mounted the to the right top side of the washer and you will see the small hose connected to it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fyi opening the door seemed to disrupt the cycle and allowed me to cancel the existing cycle. It appears to be working properly Thank you
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok glad its back working again, it just stopped the logic in the control from looping so that was the issue it was stuck in a loop if you have any more issues, let me know thanks.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson