Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile free standing range pb975sp5ss. When we

Customer Question

I have a GE profile free standing range pb975sp5ss. When we set the control to bake at any temp, the panel displays "PRE" but then turns itself off with in a few moments.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. The only thing that can turn the oven off without you pressing the cancel button in the middle of a heating cycle is your display board itself. Sometimes the logic in the board gets corrupted and will just shut the board down and revert back to the time of day. If that's occurring try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work you'll need to replace the display board. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?