Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Affinity front load washer. Washer quit in middle of the

Customer Question
Affinity front load washer....
Affinity front load washer. Washer quit in middle of the wash cycle a few times. Next time the washer worked fine. Yesterday quit again before finished. Now it won't even start. Washer will take the wash setting and even lock door but won't actually start. E56 code with is a high current to motor error.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 7 years approx.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have replaced the board once. And door lock plastic parts in the past. Other than that was running fine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Typically when that code happens it is a bad MCU board AKA the "speed control board" that is bad and burned out. You should check the motor for any signs of water as I have seen water leak on the motor causing a MCU to burn out as it was shorting the motor, but normally this is just a bad MCU board on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician