Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a 2009 Frigidaire Gallery side by side that has

Customer Question

We have a 2009 Frigidaire Gallery side by side that has stopped making ice. The 'mechanics' of the ice maker seems to be working, as you can see and hear it running, but no ice is being made. It has 'frozen' up before, so I turned the temp to 2 from 0. We CAN get water out of the door. Thoughts?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was made in 2009. Model # *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what might be wrong :)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Is the tube that brings water to the ice maker frozen?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the ice maker is working but no water is getting to it to make cubes, either the water fill tube is frozen or the valve is faulty (since door water dispenser works). If you remove the ice maker line from the valve and can blow through it, replace the water valve, available below.

CLICK HERE

The video below will show you how to replace that valve!

CLICK HERE