Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

No power to fridge it's dead

Customer Question

No power to fridge it's dead
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

This is common go behind the unit and remove the small access panel that covers the main board. You will see this board and fuse....unplug the unit and get a jumper wire or alligator clips to jumper across the fuse and then plug it in. Likely it will work fine. If so you can solder in a new fuse or replace the board if you can not solder your own in. Also the fuse will likely look good but it is not.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tested fuse and it works

Did you bypass the fuse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you bypass

Get a jumper wire and connect both ends of the fuse or a small alligator clip jumper will work...99% it will power right up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work volt meter says fuse works

So you physically bypassed it correct and if it still does not work and is totally dead with 120 volts to the unit replace that board, those do go bad for that issue often as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ohhh k

No problem!