Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Samsung ref. not making ice and ice compartment not

Customer Question
freezing, this unit has a...
Samsung ref. not making ice and ice compartment not freezing, this unit has a upper and lower ice maker both are not working model rfg298hdrs/xaa
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/23/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 1 year ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Inspect the condenser coil radiator, located at the bottom rear of the fridge, for a layer of lint blocking the air flow through it. Vacuum any debris you find, and give the freezer compartments to cool back down. Make sure the air fan is turning. If this does not solve the problem, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response, when we finish our discussion. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If both icemakers are not working there is either a temperature issue or a control board issue on the unit. First make sure the temperatures are correct 0 degrees in both compartments where the icemakers are. If they are unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in often that will reset everything and they will start working again. This is a common issue on the Samsung units.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician