Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Remember, the ge profile washer with the faulty logic board?

Customer Question

Hi, Kelly ,
Remember, the ge profile washer with the faulty logic board? I finally got the board in and installed it. The machine comes on, beeps and goes into pause mode. Start light blinks etc. but no response to buttons .
Thanks again, Jeff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the model and was that the original issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GE profile washer would start washing normally then stop. It would not respond at all. To turn it off you had to unplug it. Per advice I changed one of the control boards and nothing changed. I was then advised to change the other board . Now the machine comes on normally but as soon as the start button is pushed it goes into pause mode refuses to respond to anything and must be unplugged to turn it off.
Thanks, Jeff

What is the complete model and the part number of the parts you changed out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is *****
Serial number is *****
I replaced the control board first. It made no difference and being pricey I returned it and ordered the other. The only number I can find on this one is 2012 .03. Z1, probably not what you're looking for. This is the only other electronics to my knowledge on this machine and mounts to the back of the control board.
Thanks, Jeff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the paperwork, the part number for the "inverter board "is WH12X10506. This is the one installed last.
Thanks, Jeff

I am not sure on this issue I will see if Kelly is available still.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let me know.
Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Jeff, sorry for the delayed reply. IT sounds like something is shorted and taking out the electronics or some other odd issue. Have you ever looked at the incoming voltage at the outlet, the outlet connections and polarity and is the machine well grounded at the outlet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
Everything is in like new condition. No sign of a problem there. The machine is less than 2 years old.The board doesn't shut off it just goes into pause mode. The start light and the timer lights blink. It seems to be fine otherwise it just refuses to come out of pause mode.
Thanks, Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure then, you have replaced everything. If not a power supply issue, it likely has a short in the machine but it will be near impossible to track down if it is taking the board out when installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This one is a bit challenging. My thought is that one of the new units I bought is bad. I'm considering calling the parts supplier and see what they think. There's no reset or anything like that I need to do is there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, I suspect the parts are getting damaged at installation, though. That is more likely than a faulty new part but you could try another new machine control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possible but unlikely, I've had quite a bit of experience installing electronic devices and these are basically "plug & play "units.
Regardless, this one is proving to be difficult. I guess it's time to call in a local tech. I do appreciate all your help.
Thanks again, Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I mean not installation related damage, but a shorted component that, when the control is powered up, damages the new control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha, do you think one board is killing the other or do you think this is coming from a motor circuit?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is probably from the motor circuit, that is the highest amp draw circuit. What happens if you unplug the motor and try to start a cycle? Does the behavior change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give it a try
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Roger that, keep me posted!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly disconnected the motor and then the pump, no change. Before I had disconnected anything ,with the machine turned off and my hand on a what I belive to be a motor wire, not a pump wire, the pump came on and drained the machine??? Cannot recreate the situation.
Thanks, Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect you have a short somewhere in the wiring. Without being there to meter through it all and with it being intermittent, I can only recommend you test everything with a meter for a short.