How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 80244
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking at the response question from 3 years ago (We

Customer Question

Hi! I'm looking at the response for a question from 3 years ago (We have water coming from under our vegetable bins...). Our problem is similar to this one for our Maytag Model # ***** Following these instructions, the water drains freely down the drain at the back of the freezer. However, where it is dripping is from the freezer door, just below the handle. I'm not sure how that would get water under the veggie bins in the fridge. Could it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If water is coming from the door, then it can drip on top of the door below it and get into to the refrigerator causing water under the veggie bins. So if you're certain the drain is clear (and I would used compressed air to blow up from the bottom of the drain below the refrigerator to ensure it's clear), then your freezer door is going bad and the insulation is breaking down inside causing condensation to form and drip out the door. You'd have to take the door apart and put insulation inside to prevent condensation from forming.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please provide details in where to blow the compressed air from the bottom?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You would pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Look for the drain hose which looks like the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE for drain hose

Then just use compressed air, seal off around the air nozzle and blow straight up into the drain hose to make sure it's clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water and air flow freely. Must be the door. UGH!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a special sort of insulation to use for the door?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No real special insulation. I would use a spray foam insulation and then put the inner door liner back onto the outer door somewhat quickly before the insulation dries.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?