Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My kitchenaid refrigerator water and ice dispenser is not

Customer Question
working, when I press measure...
My kitchenaid refrigerator water and ice dispenser is not working, when I press measure fill it just beeps at me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you today are you available there is a water valve behind the fridge at the bottom the water line connects to it is the water opened all the way at the wall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
water is on, I'm also not getting any ice out of the door also. When you hold the temp button down for three seconds it flashes the temp and cuts off

there should be an emblem that says hold 3 seconds to lock and unlock the panel does it have one

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that button is working, you can see it lock and then I hold it down again and it unlocks

also can I get a model number so I can pull up your unit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model number is *****

ok great let me check

ok what was the problem from the get go on this fridge please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Started with a leaky water filter, changed filter out worked for a little bit then started leaking again. Turned water off. Bought new filter and tried again. Now no leak but dispenser won't work. Even when you try to get ice the flapper door doesn't open up or make a sound, same with the water side. Tried to reset by unplugging unit and even changed the dispenser board which came with the board on the back so I changed them both. But still does the same thing

there is a door switch on the freezer door press it off and on a couple of times if it doesn't work the dispenser are is dead

check the dispenser board for a loose connection wire that may have come loose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did take the door switch off and tested it for continuity and it showed to be good. Also when you press the filter button some of the lights on the dispenser flash at you.

they should not flash at all unless you have a loose connection or faulty dispenser board nothing else

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I though maybe I got a bad part but old board and new board do the same thing

flicking lights there is bad connection or a cut in the wiring remove the dispenser panel there are two lack microswitches one for ice and the other for the water check and see that they are connected and click when pressed maybe the bracket is out of position not reaching the switches

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will try that and get back to you. Thank you

please rate me high as that's how the site pays me thanks if you need further help just send me a reply

Hi

Any luck yet

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician