Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On my lower oven I get feature not available when I try to

Customer Question

On my lower oven I get feature not available when I try to start. I have a whirlpool electric double oven range. The top oven works fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years old and I think it is GGE388LX
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if it is difficult
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. Feature not available means that the oven thinks it's in self clean for some reason. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and sometimes that will reset the electronics. If that doesn't reset the issue, the display board has just failed and you'd need to order and replace the display board to fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?