Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I HAVE A DUAL FUEL DCS RANGE THE OVEN PART DOES NOT WORK

Customer Question

I HAVE A DUAL FUEL DCS RANGE THE OVEN PART DOES NOT WORK WHEN YOU TURN ON THE OVEN MODE KNOB THE RED LIGHT COMES ON BUT WHEN YOU TURN THE TEMPERATURE KNOB THE LIGHT DOES NOT LIGHT AND IHE OVEN DOES NOT WORK.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is your unit a glow ignitor oven or standing pilot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE OVEN IS ALL ELECTRIC THERE IS NO GAS IN THE OVEN IT IS A DUAL FUEL THE TOP BURNERS ARE GAS AND THE OVEN IS ALL ELECTRIC THE TOP BURNERS ALL WORK FINE THE OVEN DOES NO WORK IN ANY MODE.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DCS FISHER PAYKEL MODEL # ***** SERIAL # *****

So broil does not work either correct? If so have you checked power to the unit confirm you have 240 to it. Then remove the back cover behind the unit to get at the high limit thermostat behind it to check it to see if that is burned out on the unit. CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!