Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a front loading whirlpool load and go washer. When I

Customer Question
I have a front loading...
I have a front loading whirlpool load and go washer. When I load the clothes into the washer it fills up with water just fine. But when the water is drained from the washer and NEW water needs to come in (for the rinse cycle) I get a "Lo Flo" error message. What is going on?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

The water is supposed to be drained out before the rinse cycle and when it gets to the rinse cycle ONLY the cold water enters the washer (where as on the wash cycle hot water is also used to regulate the temperature even is you select cold). In addition to that, the rinse cycle uses more water than the wash cycle so if there is an issue with the washer not filling up quick enough it will show up on the rinse cycle first. You'll want to make sure you have good pressure coming into the washer. If that checks good, then make sure the screens on the back of the washer where the water supply hoses connect to the washer itself aren't clogged with debris. Other than that this is a fairly new unit based on your error so if it's less than 1 year old, call warranty. If it's over 1 year old, the electronic water valve will need to be replaced because the solenoid that fills up for the rinse cycle (there are multiple solenoids on the water valve for different functions like wash, bleach, softener etc...) is restricting the water flow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc