John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The freezer of our side by side freezes meat and other items

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: The freezer of our side by side freezes meat and other items but cool whip and ice cream products are soft and mushy
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: The setting is on 9, GE profile modeln# ***** 25jfxn-Bb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure, depends on the problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?