Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a jenn air js48ppfxda, the fridge temp is normal 40

Customer Question
hi I have a jenn...
hi I have a jenn air js48ppfxda , the fridge temp is normal 40 ish but the freezer is to warm 10-15 ? I replaced the easy things thermos etc.. also the digital disply numbers are not accuate to a thermometer I put inside
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 years number is ***** first text
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
actually I miss typed , the fridge temp is around 30f but the freezer seems to fluctuate between 10-15f
7/17/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 1 year ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Inspect the condenser coil radiator for a layer of lint blocking the airflow through it, and vacuum any debris you find there. Check the fan blade, if you have one, to make sure it's turning. If this does not solve the problem, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Normally when that is happening the unit is low on freon. You should remove the back panel in the freezer section and inspect the frost pattern on the evaporator coil. See if only part of it is frosty and the rest is bare aluminum with no frost. If that is the case your unit has a leak.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician