Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Dim display on a whirlpool double oven. Need to remove the

Customer Question
cover as I heard the...
Dim display on a whirlpool double oven. Need to remove the cover as I heard the connections could be bad
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Dint know how to remove the cover
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am a competent mechanic and electrician
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The unit is GBD307PDB09
I got the front cover off, now what?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The issue I am ehaving is that the display went dim and is now gone
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

yes thank you for that information give me just a moment

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok here is the service manual for that model download it and see page 4-2 for the control board removal instructions

click here to open/download manual

and you will need to order the new board and replace it, as the display has failed in yours, replacing the board is the only way to fix the oven.

Range Oven Control Board

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still not rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson