John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My clothes washer shakes almost violently during its Spin

Customer Question

My clothes washer shakes almost violently during its Spin cycle. I vaguely recall that I might have seen something like this in the distant past when a washer was "unbalanced." I have a regular Kenmore washer. I thought initially that it might have been because there was a heavy cotton blanket inside, and the machine might have been out of balance, but in the next load, I put in a light load: a cotton/light plastic back mattress protector, and when the spin cycle arrived, it was still doing the same thing. What can I do correct this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model: 110
Kenmore 80 series
There is also another very long number next to "model."
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There are 8 more numbers after the 110. May I have those, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not 100, but rather: 110
The eight digit number is: 26892690
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you tip the machine back so you are able to look under it, there should be a long, skinny spring near the left rear of the tub that extends from the tub to the base of the machine. Is it in place?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will look like the picture at the link below.

CLICK HERE