Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Cannot remove sheet stuck under washing machine agitator.

Customer Question

cannot remove sheet stuck under washing machine agitator. Top loader. MODEL #GTWN4250D1WS; Serial #AD116514G
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

No there is no bolt on the agitator on that model, you just grab the bottom of the agitator with both hands and pull hard as possible. Sometimes they can be very tough to remove and if something is tangled in it, it could be that much harder. You may have to make something to give you some leverage to get it out as shown in the video below:

click here for video

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing earned that wasn't already on free websites--including wrong video which was on open posting.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

I am a different tech do you still need help?