Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The water dispenser on the front of my GE refrigerator won't

Customer Question
shut off completely. ithasa small...
The water dispenser on the front of my GE refrigerator won't shut off completely. ithasa small leak.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years old, model GFSF6KKXABB
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is relatively easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: this refrigerator originally had an ice make in the lower bin and was converted to an icemaker above at the factory.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc; depending on your question.

Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

The water inlet valve on the rear of the refrigerator needs to be replaced the solenoid is failing and allowing the water for the dispenser side of the valve to seep out. It located on the rear bottom of the refrigerator its the valve that your water supply line from you home connects to.

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: WR57X10082 - click here

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson