Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire professional electric range. PLES389ECD.

Customer Question
I am getting an F30...
I have a Frigidaire professional electric range. PLES389ECD. I am getting an F30 Error and as mentioned in other posts cannot turn on the oven portion or set the clock. I did some research and replaced the temperature probe. Online some other people recommend resetting sensors. I am not sure how to do this. Perhaps I need to replace some other part.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Unfortunately the sensor rarely causes this issue although the error does refer to the sensor being out of range. The culprit is usually the display control board which the sensor plugs into. The control board just doesn't read the sensor properly so if you have a multimeter you can disconnect the wires that come from the sensor all the way up at the display board and test resistance between the 2 wires. You should have around 1080 ohms at room temperature. If you're within 10% then your sensor and wires between the sensor and board are fine which means that your display board needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part. Also, there is no reset for the sensor.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could you possibly tell me how to remove the front panel to gain access to the display board?

Sure it's quite simple if you know the trick. All you need to do is pull the knobs off and flip the breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven. There is a locking nut below each knob. Unscrew the locking nuts (all 4) and then the top of the control panel lifts up and off so you can access the display board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great. One more silly question before I order the part. I am attaching a poor photo of the sensor. It is attached to the probe I replaced and goes through the back to the front of the range. Am I supposed to take the 2 leads from there and test the resistance between those 2 wires?

Yes, you can disconnect it there and test resistance through the sensor, or you can follow those wires all the way up to the display board to make sure the wires between the board and sensor aren't damaged to test up at the board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I have my multimeter attached to the 2 wires going to the sensor. The multimeter stays at 1.

Either you don't have your setting correct on your meter or your wires going to the sensor are bad. You should have 1080 ohms roughly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never mind. I believe you may have been incorrect with your assessment. The range is now working properly. I found this solution on another site. I just pushed the button and reset the breaker:If you get an open or short by measuring at the P5 plug, the issue is either the probe OR the thermal breakers. Also called a Thermal Cutout Switch (item #141 on p.8 of your parts catalog), one of these buggers is located near the electronic control module for the right rear stovetop burner (#54A, follow the violet wires from EOC to locate it) - since you already have the Control Panel Assembly pulled, reach over and push the button on the breaker to reset it. This may have just solved your error code! For FREE!! If it doesn't reset, you may have to replace the breaker itself (around $16.00).Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/76555-error-code-f30.html#ixzz4EV5KGIil
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc