Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Front loader GE: sopping wet clothes, no spin, no tumble.

Customer Question

Front loader GE: sopping wet clothes, no spin, no tumble. Cleaned $3.85 worth of change out of pump filer. Re-assembled, no matter what cylcle the washer locks the door, spins one direction 1 time, then spins the other direction 1 time, unlocks the door, 10 seconds later locks the door again. Starts to fill with water, indicates WASH on the screen, but no tumble or spin. Just starts pumping the water back out. I've blown through the pressure switch hose, no issue there. Also, when I try to bring up service codes I only get 2H reading on the screen. It will not go into service mode following all proper steps. Help!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Production date was 9-27-05, model #WHDVH626F
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I just need some guidance as to what the problem might be.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

How are you initiating the service cycle? That is a forced cycle and should start no matter what provided the control is working.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Page 3 of the attached tech sheet shows how to initiate the diagnostic cycle. Will it not go into diagnostics to retrieve the stored error codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Machine is turned off, then unplugged for 30 seconds, re-plugged then I press signal-delay/start-signal-delay/start then 2H appears on the screen
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So that indicates that Signal button is not working or the control is faulty. Given the lack of proper operation during a normal cycle, I suspect it is an internal control issue. In any case, the buttons (User Interface) and machine control are all one integrated component, number 104 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

I believe the machine control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the signal button is working due to the elevated "beeps" when pushed. It's almost like the unit needs to be re-programmed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it beeps, then the button is working. The control is faulty if it will not go into a forced service cycle.