Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We get a complete drainage when we push the "Cancel & Drain"

Customer Question

We get a complete drainage when we push the "Cancel & Drain" button. We do not get a complete drainage throughout any give cycle. We do not wish to pay $28 if you are going to tell us that we need a new control panel.
We do have a second, unrelated, question, but we would like to address the above first.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

First what is the model number off the unit and second if you have a question on a different appliance you would have to post that as a new question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK on that unit remove the lower kick panel, then remove the 90 degree drain elbow from the port spiggot off the motor. Then unscrew that short spiggot out of the motor and check inside that for blockages you will likely find it blocked causing the issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is blocked, why then does it work perfectly on "Cancel and Drain". ?

It runs for a longer drain cycle on Cancel drain, it may be partially blocked....the other thing that could be happening as well is a leaky fill valve causing too much water to be in the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are still working on this. We are in our advanced years, so getting down on the floor is not easy, and other things have interrupted the process, and we still have another question. But we will get back to you, and we will do a rating when finished.

OK great take your time!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We (I say "we" because I am helping my husband with this project) still have not tackled the drain elbow, but in the meantime, we have this question: when reassembling, we failed to put back the bushing which sits on top of the macerator. I am hoping it doesn't matter, because we also stripped the screw heads using the wrong size driver, and now we cannot remove the screws in order to reassemble. How important is that bushing?

You will need that bushing as the spacing will not be correct and it will likely rub against the housing when all back together. You may want to just call a service tech out at this point as you may end up doing more harm than good with this issue in the end and cost yourself a lot more money for a simple issue. Just let me know what you want to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have now removed and checked the port spigot; it was clean. All hoses and connections are clean. All new parts are clean and reassembled. The fill valve is fine. It still will not drain "completely" in any mode except the CANCEL AND DRAIN mode.

Start it and let it wash for 5 or so minutes and open the door and check the water is it sudsy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It was not soapy. However, the soap dispenser had not yet opened. I only use the one dispenser which has a lid. (By the way, we were able to disassemble and reinsert the bushing).

Does the water discharge really fast out the hose, that unit should drain within 30 secs normally.