Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

THE MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER IS NOT ON OR IN FRIDGE. HOW CAN

Customer Question
THE MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER...
THE MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER IS ***** ON OR IN FRIDGE. HOW CAN I FIGURE OUT WHAT MODEL I HAVE. IT IS A FRENCH 4 DOOR ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD. I KEEP HAVING TO REMOVE A HUGE THICK SHEET OF ICE IN BOTTOM OF FREEZER AND ALSO WATER DISP DOES NOT WORK. WHEN I MOVED IT WORKED FOR A FEW DAYS THEN STOPPED AGAIN I THINK IT IS FREEZING A WATER LINE. ICE MAKER IS IN TOP LEFT OF FRIDGE AND WORKS FINE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

You really can't know the model number if the sticker was removed which should be located in the upper right hand corner inside the refrigerator.

That being said, turn the refrigerator section a bit warmer if the water keeps freezing and stopping. As for the water building up in the freezer that is a common drain issue on these Maytag french door units. Unfortunately this is not an easy issue to fix on these bottom freezer top refrigerators. You will want to unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow all the ice to thaw out. Once the ice is thawed out, the best way to clean the drain line is from the bottom up because going at it from the inside is really difficult. If you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the bottom access panel and locate the rubber hose which comes down directly from the middle or so of the freezer floor toward the back and use something like a turkey baster to shoot hot water up the hose. Once it's clear and you can blow air through the hose, you're good to go again. Also, if you have the ability to just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours that'll thaw all the ice out and them you can just blow air up and clear the drain out.

Now this drain hose has been re-designed because the material on the hose would break down and the check valve inside won't allow water to flow out so below is a link to the new re-designed hose you'll want to order and replace with instructions.

CLICK HERE for drain hose

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc