Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My new GE Sensor Microwave was just installed today. I set

Customer Question
My new GE Sensor Microwave...
My new GE Sensor Microwave was just installed today. I set the timer and then try to have it go on for 30 seconds. It makes a noise, then the interior cooking light goes and the countdown timer starts. No movement of the turntable and no sound of cooking. Nothing happening. I did unlock the control first.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Kill power at the breaker for 5 minutes restore power and if the issue continues you will need to call and have the unit serviced under warranty as that is going to be a component issue and not a problem with the settings or the control lock, and you can't work on the unit yourself without voiding the warranty so if the breaker reset does not fix the problem then call for service under warranty.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson